Last year, Preserve Orange County launched an interactive map featuring historic sites throughout the county. From their website:
“What’s on the map?
- The map includes all sites that are designated historic at county, state and national levels, under these programs:
- National Register of Historic Places
- National Historic Landmarks
- California Register of Historical Resources
- California Historical Landmarks
- California Points of Historical Interest
- Orange County Historic Sites
- Orange County Historical Site Plaques
- It also includes undesignated sites — places that have historic significance but have not yet been officially recognized.
- Not included at this time are places that are listed on local historic registers.
- The map indicates if a site is open to the public. If it is not, it may be viewed from the public right-of-way only.”
Phase 2 of the map, with more sites added, is due to launch this year.