Historical Society Charter Member Henry S. “Hank” Panian passed from this life on July 14. In addition to his career as a history professor at Orange Coast College and a dedicated family man, Hank made time for community service and your Historical Society.
Hank became a charter member of the Historical Society in 1966. Since that time he has:
- Served with distinction on our board of directors
- Co-authored the Historical Society Quarterly from 1977-1987
- Served as a docent at the Diego Sepulveda Adobe
- Contributed his wit and wisdom to innumerable Society meetings and celebrations
- Recorded his memories of Costa Mesa’s history at the city’s 50th anniversary, and
- Provided expert review of the Society’s two pictorial history books.
Hank received the Society’s Living Memorial Award in 1987 and special recognition as one of two surviving charter members of the Society in 2015.
Rest in peace, Hank. This society will never forget your contributions.
— Art Goddard